Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:47:08 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
Cc:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: is this getting out?

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 02:58:43PM +0000, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:52:20 +0100
> Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:
>
> > Gary,
> >
> > seems that my MX has problems with thought.org, that's why
> > I'm repeating my reply on the list, I hope you can receive
> > it this way.
> >
> > The MX said:
> >
> > 	<kline@thought.org>: Host or domain name not found.
> > 	Name service error for
> > 	name=ethic.thought.org type=A: Host not found
>
> It looks like the server is EHLO'ing as ethic.thought.org but is
> actually plato.thought.org.

	this stuff is at the lim of my knowledge.  plato.thought.org
	is my firewall.  pfSense.  i don't have a nuculear(!) secrets
	or whatever, but damned if i want these script-kiddies reading
	my poetry.....  or to have somebody hijack anything and spew
	out sp*m----which i severely despise.

	having my domain: server and firewall set up correctly will at
	least (help) keep the bad guys, the crackers of the world, from
	using my bandwidth or crack in.  thus: now that i'm finished
	with my master's in ethics, i have time to get up to speed on
	this stuff.  pfSense,  DNS & BIND,  anf whatever else i let
	slip since 06/2002.

	gary

	PS: sorry if i went slightly bonkers there.

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.79a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php