Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:53:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Tony D'Andrade" <blue@visinet.ca>
To:        Dev Chanchani <dev@wopr.inetu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache SSI Problem.

Put the following in the .htaccess file of the directory where your ssi's
are running (you only need these two lines).

	AddType text/x-server-parsed-html <index.html>
	XBitHack on

Then enable AllowOveride <options> for the .htaccess file in
the access.conf config file.

> We have Apache 1.1.3 and 1.2.4 running on a FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE Server.
>
> We have configured many apache web servers, and are really banging our
> heads into a wall over a wierd problem.
>
> We have Apache configured for Server Side Includes.
> We have the
> AddType text/html .shtml
> and
> AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
>
> Still, it does not parse the serve side include, the "source" of the page
> returned by the server will still have the:
>
> <!--#exec cgi="cgi.pl"--> in it.
>
> Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about fixing this
> problem.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Dev

Tony D'Andrade       	Phone:	(416)488-5352
Network Integration  	Fax:	(416)488-7562
VisiNet Internet Svcs.	Pager:	(416)426-1244
Toronto, Ontario     	e-mail:	ajd@visinet.ca