Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:58:02 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Here's Lumiere 0.4 ports..

> > ========================
> > .if !exists(/usr/local/bin/mplayer)
> > BROKEN=		"MPlayer doesn\'t exist!"
> > BROKEN+=	"You have to install MPlayer from /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer
> > first."
> > .endif
> > ========================
>
>a) You should never use fully-qualified paths like that.  Instead, use
>the ${LOCALBASE} or ${X11BASE} macros.

I tried did that last night and recently, it doesn't work very well same as
what full path does. I am not sure exactly why it doesn't work. I did
"${LOCALBASE}/bin/mplayer", it will keep say it's broke when I already have
mplayer installed. Do I need to put something speical inside the exists()?

>b) Why don't you add a RUN_DEPENDS on mplayer instead of doing the
>BROKEN thing at all?

Because, MPlayer has a lot of options to install it. So, I thought it would
be good idea to force users to go to the ports and install by theirselves
with extra options. Am I making any sense?

Thanks,
Mezz