Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 08:16:14 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-maintainers@wcarchive.cdrom.com, dg@root.com, hubs@au.freebsd.org, qmirror-mirrors@dstc.edu.au
Subject:   Re: Proposed reorganization of ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

> > What happened to this one?  I'd like to ship a bsd.port.mk with the
> > new locations with 3.1.
>
> It got back-burnered but it's only list of things to do.  Consider it
> something which will happen next Friday night, after I get back from
> New Jersey.

please let us know if this deadline changes, as i'll be shutting down
my mirror of freebsd on thursday, changing the directory structure over
manually and waiting for the `new' structure to appear and stabilise
on ftp.cdrom.com before turning it on...

this is for ftp.au.freebsd.org aka mirror.aarnet.edu.au but i'll be
warning all of the downstream mirrors who mirror from me about it so
they are prepared for the changes too.

i want to avoid just deleting/redownloading everything because of cost
and now more urgently, time to update.  my FreeBSD mirror currently
starts at 8AM (EST) and finishes in the vicinity of 2-6PM :-( whilst
using between 40-75M of memory.

*tries to avoid mentioning rsync and fails* :-)

-jason
--
 jason andrade       dstc pty ltd               jason@dstc.edu.au
 senior sysadmin     level 7, GPS Building 78   i just wanna be