Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 00:04:39 -0300 (ART)
From:      "Fernando P. Schapachnik" <fpscha@localhost.schapachnik.com.ar>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, bright@hotjobs.com, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Read this...

En un mensaje anterior Greg Lehey escribió:
[...]
> I suppose I should point you people to
> http://www.lemis.com/x/sunworld-bsd.html, which is a draft of an
> article I've submitted to SunWorld.  This is for review only in the
> present form; please don't distribute it, but I'd be interested in
> comments.
>
> One thing in particular occurred to me in this context: why does Sun
> want Linux or *BSD?   On the whole, Solaris <whatever number it is
> this week> is a pretty good operating system, and neither Linux nor
> *BSD can equal it.  What advantage would I have running FreeBSD on my
> UltraSparc?  Or should we be doing what NetBSD and OpenBSD are already

Let me disagree with you. Having work with both of them I can say that
FreeBSD is far superior from Solaris. More to the point: it is more
secure, it's *open source* and it's more reliable when you have to change
your setup several times a week (bringing up and down interfaces,
daemons, etc.).

Please note I haven't read your article yet (no conection at this time :().

Kind regards!

Fernando P. Schapachnik
fernando@schapachnik.com.ar

| Atención: Mensaje generado en entorno     |
| libre de productos MicroChot.             |
| No contiene HTML, adjuntos en Worst,      |
| ni basura similar. Leer con tranquilidad. |