Date:       3 Jul 2001 01:17:57 MDT
From:      john kernel <john_kernel@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   partition problem

Dear all FreeBSD user,
    this is the firt time i am using FreeBSD operating system, but while =
the
instalation, i have a problem in partition.The problem is i can't disting=
uish
between the partiiton.In my hard drive (20 GB) i have 4 partition, first =
one
for my Windows 98 (fat 16=3D1,5 GB)), second Win2000 Server (NTFS=3D3 GB)=
), third
partiton 3 GB for FreeBSD , and forth 12 GB  for data. While in FreeBSD M=
enu
Partition, only 2 partition showed in menu partition, they are 1,5 GB for=

win98  and 18,5 GB for extended. For detail, i will describe the table:

 Offset   Size(MB)  End        Name   PType     Desc       Subtype
    0      0       62           -      6        unused        0
  63      1506      3084479   adOs1     2        at            6
3084480   7963    39873329    adOs2     4       extended     15
39873330   1      39876429       -      6        unused        0

My question is how can i make partition for FreeBSD  (like root, swap, ho=
me,
var) without sacrifice(damage) my other partition? I have tried to using
Partition Magis, but the results is nothing. I hope u can help me to solv=
e my
problem. thank u for all attention.

regards =

john