Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:20:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Theo van Klaveren <havoc@phoenix.student.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   GLIDE for FreeBSD

Whew. After two late nights of furious hacking, you
can now download the modified source for Glide 2.46
(the Voodoo Graphics version) at

ftp://phoenix.student.utwente.nl/pub/glide

Note: I have completely hacked the source to bits
to achieve this. The source has been autoconf'ed
(scary, but at least it works, which cannot be said
of the build system 3DFX provided). All source files
needed for FreeBSD compilation have been included,
but Windows-compilation etc. have been dropped.

I'd be more than happy to accept patches which'll
make it compile on other platforms again, but chances
are you'll have to get the neccesary files from the
original source file.

Also, binaries of GLIDE and Mesa+glide
are available for FreeBSD-CURRENT.

The GLIDE library has one bug, though: When quitting
an application, it won't restore the normal display.
If anyone can help me with this, that'd be GREAT!

One last question: What are the chances of incorporating
the sources for Voodoo2/3 into one source tree? They
all have the swlibs/ directory (almost unchanged)...

Theo van Klaveren <havoc@phoenix.student.utwente.nl>
 http://phoenix.student.utwente.nl  /  ICQ #1353681

 - Why, oh why didn't I take the _blue_ pill?