Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:33:15 -0500
From:      William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade -arR

Quite foolishly, I ran this command without thinking it through:

portupgrade -arR

It's been running for 15 hours or so now, and I'm wondering how much
longer it is likely to take?  I realize that "that depends" <grin />,
but I've love some anecdotal hints if anyone's got some.  I installed
4.8 from a CD, and didn't upgrade much of anything, and I have since
CVSup'd a new ports tree, built the pkgdb and now portupgrade is just
running and running.  It's not looping, it's just working away, and I
have no idea where it is in the process (it compiling kdeutils as we
speak - I wish I'd remembered to uninstall *that* before I started).
Any suggestions?  Thanks.
--

yours,

William