Date:      Wed, 17 May 2006 11:06:31 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it safe to compile multiple ports at the same time ?

--Apple-Mail-6--80016686
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

On May 17, 2006, at 10:42 AM, Paul Koch wrote:

> My original thinking was just a simple locking setup, because I often
> setup new machines by doing a release install, cvsup to -stable and
> ports, build/install world/kernel, xorg, kde, openoffice, gvim,
> browers, etc... and have to do them one at a time instead of firing up
> lots of port builds and coming back a few days later :)

I keep a local package repo just for this purpose, and a local meta-
port to install all those packages in one "pkg_add" command.  I have
meta ports for each class of server we run (web front end, db server,
general server, etc.)

No need to build everything on each identical machine...

--Apple-Mail-6--80016686--