Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 00:15:19 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        John F Cuzzola <vdrifter@ocis.ocis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD tun device

> Hello everyone,
> I'm setting up VPN's using the pipsecd port. I know I probably should be
> using KAME/racoon but pipsecd is easy to set-up and the same software
> works with Linux boxes- again making things easier. My question is: Since
> pipsecd requires the tun device is there a limit to the number of tunnel
> devices FreeBSD will handle? I recall one day someone having a problem
> with more than 9 tunnel devices and I thought I would ask.

I've had ppp running in multilink mode with 200 links being established
simultaneously (creating 200 server processes, each with their own tun
device 'till they figure out what's going on).

Hopefully, that number can now be increased to virtually any number
(since tonights fd_set fix).

So in short, no.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>