Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 97 14:35:00 PST
From:      Adam Turoff <AdamT@smginc.com>
To:        hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "'daniel_sobral@voga.com.br'" <daniel_sobral@voga.com.br>
Subject:   RE: Why so many steps to build new kernel?

>I don't think name/class/description is enough. We ought to identify
> prerequisites and mutual exclusions (see syscon and vt drivers for an
> example of both situations).

Sure, but (no offense) the prerequisites and mutual exclusions should
be handled better than the ports collection is (for example).

I seem to remember that RPM had a good idea of what a
'core' product is and what an 'upgrade' is so that when
you upgrade, your dependencies are migrated to the
new version of the product.

Or am I getting ahead of myself WRT kernel configs?

 -- Adam.