Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 1999 17:12:24 -0500
From:      Glen Mann <gmann@cyberia.com>
To:        Manuel Enrique Garcia Cuesta <megarcia@intercom.es>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: digital samples from sound card

Manuel Enrique Garcia Cuesta wrote:

>         Hello Glen,
>
>         It's been some weeks already since I tried it, but I remember it
> worked out of the box and I got a SB16 PnP also, no further setup was
> needed. Something to take into account though: It might be the case that
> the microphone input is disabled by default, or maybe the input level set
> to zero. I'm using xmmix (audio mixer ) to control the audio settings, and
> the setup it shows me on startup is the one I describe. Just enable "rec"
> under the "Mic" bars, rise these to the top and it should do the trick.
> If you rise the "PCM" bars also you should be able to hear the microphone
> input through your loudspeakers right away.
>
>         Hope this helps
>
>                                                 Manuel Garcia
>
>         P.S.: I'm CCing the list, I like to find the whole threads when
> I search the mailing lists archives and, besides, I want to be caught
> if I say something not totally accurate :)

Looks good so far.  I don't have Motif (req'd for xmmix) so I installed xmix.
It does enable sound card output to the mxv program.  Thanks!  Now I need to
get the mxv program to behave.  It seems to have a mind of its own concerning
sample/playback rates and the interface is...well...less than wonderful.  I'll
keep at it.