Date:      Fri, 03 Oct 1997 09:31:24 -0400
From:      Tom Olenio <tolenio@world.std.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Floppy Install Question

Hello Questions,

I am going to do a floppy install of release 2.1.7.1 (no network, no
CDROM) and have a question as to what I need.

The instructions say to copy to disk all the files in the "bin (binary
distribution) directory".

My question is do they mean all the files in all the folders of release
/2.1.7.1/, or all the files in the subdirectory /2.1.7.1/bin/?

Right now I have all the /2.1.7.1/bin/ files and a boot disk imaged. In
re-reading everything I wonder if I have only copied a small amount of
all the files I will need.

It is my understanding that this type of install (floppies) is my only
option.  The software is going to be loaded on a 386, 20Hz, SX, that has
720mg hard drive, 5 1/4" & 3 1/2" floppy drives, and external modem,
with DOS and Telix installed.  Are there install options I am unaware of
to complete this install on this machine? (I obviously have access to
the internet)

Thanks,

Tom
tolenio@world.std.com