Date:      28 Dec 2004 09:25:56 +0100
From:      peter@bgnett.no (Peter N. M. Hansteen)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help *fast*

Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> writes:

> Good Lord! PCTools!!! Now yer talking! Even back when 95 came on like 30
> diskettes... or was that OS/2?

I think at least some OS/2 releases came to more than 30 floppies. If
you're genuinely interested, I can check a closet a few feet from my
desk to verify.

Also, Ted's points about the declining quality of manufacturing as the
main problem with modern day floppies certainly ring true here. Though I
never quite saw the point of 1.4M floppies over the 1.2M ones other than
"they fit a shirt pocket, what an excellent reason to adopt new,
incompatible hardware", we never saw problematic media failure rates
back then. The awful media quality started after CDs became the default
software distribution medium.