Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:08:06 +0100
From:      Claus Guttesen <kometen@gmail.com>
To:        Valerio daelli <valerio.daelli@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with samba on amd64

> we have a Sun Fire V20Z with dual Opteron.
> We use FreeBSD 5.4. We tried both the single processor and the SMP kernel=
.
> We experience very high load with samba 3.0.20b
> and 3.0.14a. This the top of our top command:

I had (unrelated) problems with samba ver. 3, some files disappeared
in the windows explorer, but were present on the samba-server,
client-connections stalled. So I downgraded to ver. 2 which works for
me.

This is on FreeBSD 5.4 release on the amd64-port. So if there aren't
fetatures in ver. 3 you need you could try ver. 2 instead.

regards
Claus