Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 1996 21:18:52 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup doesn't remove old patches, doesn't put things in the Attic

On Sun, 29 Sep 1996, John Polstra wrote:

> In that case, CVSup would consider "patch-a[b-e],v" to be extra,
> unknown files in your local repository.  It didn't create them,
> and there's no trace of them in the master repository.  It doesn't
> know anything about them -- and so it won't delete them.  It will
> never delete anything that it doesn't know about.
>
> That's what I think happened.

Might be the case ... Now I'm resyncing everything with rsync ...
What makes me wonder is, that a cvs update -P stopped at many many
ports. Saying, that there are directories and files, that aren't
anymore in the repository and it exits ... cvs update doesn't run
through ... I had to do a

cd /usr/ports; find . -type d -name patches | xargs rm -rf ...

After that a cvs update -P updated the patches directories and
everything seems to be fine ...

After doing a complete 'rsync' I'll again use cvsup. If then
still something isn't ok, I'll drop you a note.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de