Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:42:42 -0800
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 FTP mirror

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 07:36:59PM +0100, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> the mirror is now finally up and running:
>
> www2.at.freebsd.org (IPv4 + IPv6)
> ftp2.at.freebsd.org (IPv4 + IPv6)
> cvsup2.at.freebsd.org (IPv4 only, since it seems that cvsup doesn't
> support IPv6)
>
> Could someone please add me to the mirror list?

For FTP:
We have no provisions to say that FTP mirrors are on IPv6 at the
moment.  So I just added your mirror without mentioning that it
supports IPv6.  I also added ftp.at.freebsd.org.

For WWW: Done (IPv6 only -- there was already an entry for IPv4).
Note that the link will only use IPv6 if the browser is
configured to use IPv6 addresses by default, if they exist and if
the host supports transit over IPv6.

For CVSup: cvsup2.at already appears to be listed.
You'll have to ask JDP about IPv6 support.  Converting C programs
is trivial, dunno about Modula-3.  But you *could* set up a TCP
forwarding program that listens on IPv6.

Regards,
--
wca