Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 2009 20:40:03 GMT
From:      "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/141188: sysutils/freebsd-snapshot does not report all errors

The following reply was made to PR ports/141188; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@FreeBSD.org>
To: Graham Todd <gtodd@bellanet.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: ports/141188: sysutils/freebsd-snapshot does not report all
	errors
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 21:18:26 +0100

 On Mon, Dec 07, 2009, Graham Todd wrote:

 > I approve of these enhancements.
 >
 > They should also find their way upstream.
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 > Edwin Groothuis wrote:
 > > Maintainer of sysutils/freebsd-snapshot,
 > >
 > > Please note that PR ports/141188 has just been submitted.
 > >
 > > If it contains a patch for an upgrade, an enhancement or a bug fix
 > > you agree on, reply to this email stating that you approve the patch
 > > and a committer will take care of it.
 > >
 > > The full text of the PR can be found at:
 > >     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/141188

 Attention: the patch has a bug in its last chunk: it checks for $? after
 the "time_end=`date '+%s'`" command and this way does not check the
 possible failure of "snapshot make -g$when $fs:$time_tag.0" but of the
 "date" command.

 I've fixed this bug and have taken over the other changes into the
 latest version of my snapshot utilities. Find the new version on
 http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/dist/

 --
 rse@FreeBSD.org                        Ralf S. Engelschall
 FreeBSD.org/~rse                       rse@engelschall.com