Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:20:22 -0400
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        "'Bart Silverstrim'" <bsilver@chrononomicon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: forwarding as a gateway, logging certain traffic

> > There's a kernel option you need to enable for IPFW to do
> logging.
> > If you're kldload'ing the ipfw module, it probably wasn't compiled
> > with IPFW_LOGGING or whatever the exact name is.
>
> I had set the verbosity (I think that was the parameter) from
> googling around earlier, but that doesn't seem to help.  I'm
> probably missing an option somewhere else.

Rebuild your kernel with the following options:

options IPFIREWALL
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE=1000

Will have it log up to 1000 entries on a rule that specifies the log
option.

Alternatively, you can do something like:

# ipfw add 100 allow log logamount 50000 ....

to override the kernel config log amount.

Steve