Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:22:28 -0700
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Performance tests I did with FreeBSD, Linux and PostgreSQL

> Like all benchmarks, I doubt these are perfect (or even close) examples
> of real-world use.
>
> However, in the hopes that they will be useful for improving FreeBSD, I
> present them to the community.
>
> http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/postgresql.php
>
> Intelligent comments are welcome.

Could you please repeat your testing with 4.X?  I'm quite sure you'll
see a much different picture.  FreeBSD 5.X's state of locking isn't
ready for production or benchmarking.  If, however, you are ready to
profile a 5.X kernel, those results would be very interesting to the
people on this list. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden