Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:15:28 -0600
From:      Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sharing a mail folder between Linux and FreeBSD

On 1/25/2013 3:25 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> It still does list directories in /home :(.
>
> This file definitively only is in /home:
>
> $ grep find_ find_1000.txt
> -rw-r--r--   1 root         rocketmouse     81920 Jan 25 20:52
> find_1000.txt
> $ ls -ld find_1000.txt
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  rocketmouse  513434 Jan 25 21:14 find_1000.txt
>
> Others seemingly are from home too, e.g. [1].
>
> Apart from that there are files in /lib and /usr with a wrong owner I
> missed before :(.
>
> I don't have the leisure to check the whole output right now. I'm just
> curious, so I had a brief look [1].
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Ignore /proc, unmount it even.  You don't need it on FreeBSD and
shouldn't expect it to be there.  As for the listings in /usr/local
they'll need fixed.  On my system, almost everything's owned by root.
The man directories are owned by man, and
/usr/local/libexec/polkit-set-default-helper is set as polkit:polkit.

There's a difference between lib directories and libexec directories.
Libraries are stored in lib and programs you're not expected to invoke
yourself are stored in libexec.