Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:44:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.6R security hole ?'s

I have a stupid question.  I recently trashed my hard drive and lost
everything.  I was attemping to find out more info on the security hole
which caused 2.1.7 to be issued.  What exactly was the problem?  I seem
to recall it was something to do with sendmail.  If the hole is limited to
sendmail was is it just on the FreeBSD port, or does this hole effect
ALL other OS's running sendmail and which version(s) of sendmail are
effected?

Thanks in advance.

Burton Sampley