Date:      Sun,  2 Jan 1994 14:02:00 +0300
From:      "Andrew A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, hackers@freebsd.org, roberto@blaise.ibp.fr
Subject:   Re: Problem with sio ...

In message <199501020157.MAA29579@godzilla.zeta.org.au> Bruce Evans
    writes:

>>Taylor have up to 4096 packet size even in standard g-protocol,
>>my site use it. 'i' protocol use about 6K packet sizes.

>The packet size doesn't matter a lot (just like the window size).
>Only the read() size must be < TTYHOG.

Taylor attempts to read MAX size first, then it utilize amount
of bytes which is really readed and read rest of packet.

>>What happens if we will use TTYHOG==8K to handle all possible cases?

>1) It will be easier for one tty to consume must of the available
>clists (leaving only the minimum guaranteed of 512 bytes for other
>ttys) OR

>2) we could increase the minimum to TTYHOG and waste a lot of memory.
>There would be no point in using clists then.

Hows about idea to change TTYHOG dinamycally for serial lines?

>3) There would be a new case requiring 16K. :-)

I don't see any serial protocols with block size > 8K.
ZedZap protocol use 8K.
--
Andrew A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -