Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 23:30:27 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tincup has arrived ...

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 05:35:30PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> morning all ...

Morning? Duh..  ;-)

> 	just got an alpha/tincup today, with redhat/linux installed on it

Memory is dim: what is a Tincup again?

> haven't looked at it closely enough yet to give specs on it, just its a
> dual process, 512meg of RAM, 4x4gig hard drives and an 8meg videa card
> (matrox, I believe) ...
>
> 	any heads up on this?  does this help any for the smp aspects of
> freebsd-alpha?

AFAIK there are multiple SMP alphas around in the project. AS4100, AS2100
come mind. I think it is more a lack of programming time that keeps
alpha/SMP from taking off in the short term.

--
Wilko Bulte  	 			http://www.freebsd.org
wilko@freebsd.org			http://www.nlfug.nl