Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 00:29:17 -0700
From:      "Alex Volkov" <volkoff@usa.net>
To:        <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0D29E.EC427D20

Hi
I read your docs and this e-mail address was mentioned to send something =
<<I found most confusing>>
For me, most confusing are followed things
1 - first boot after installation. I performed all installation steps =
(either for custom/standard or quick) and was asked for reboot. After =
such reboot nothing has happened - my HDD does not start to boot, so my =
question is - how to fix this problem? I am newbie for BSD, but have =
installed Linux a lot - never had such problem before
2 - when I perform <<post installation step>> - configuring my mouse - =
it says Ok (I am using typical PS/2 Microsoft mouse), but when I install =
 X server, my mouse does not work well under any possible type choosen - =
it skips all over the display and pretend that its left button pressed =
(it does not)

Please, advise and help. Most I want to know, how to start up the OS, =
after configuration, I think I will figure out issue #2 since I will be =
able to boot and edit my conf files.

Thank You
Alex

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0D29E.EC427D20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I read your docs and this e-mail =
address was=20
mentioned to send something &lt;&lt;I found most =
confusing&gt;&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>For me, most confusing are followed=20
things</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1 -&nbsp;first boot after installation. =
I performed=20
all installation steps (either for custom/standard or quick) and was =
asked for=20
reboot. After such reboot nothing has happened - my HDD does not start =
to boot,=20
so my question is - how to fix this problem? I am newbie for BSD, but =
have=20
installed Linux a lot - never had such problem before</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>2 - when I perform &lt;&lt;post =
installation=20
step&gt;&gt; - configuring my mouse - it says Ok (I am using typical =
PS/2=20
Microsoft mouse), but when I install&nbsp; X server, my mouse does not =
work well=20
under any possible type choosen - it skips all over the display and =
pretend that=20
its left button pressed (it does not)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please, advise and help. Most I want to =
know, how=20
to start up the OS, after configuration, I think I will figure out issue =
#2=20
since I will be able to boot and edit my conf files.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank You</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Alex</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0D29E.EC427D20--