Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:59:34 +0200
From:      Gilad Rom <rom_glsa@ein-hashofet.co.il>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: File format not recognized

Hi. Ive read about the "make move-aout-libs" target and decided to give
it a go. Ive issued that command and - it worked fine. What it did is
move all of the aout libs into their place and all was well. Until
suddenly processed started segfaulting and eventually my system was
paralized because /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 had this error:
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: File format not recognized.
whenever Ive tried running a dynamic binary it gave me this error.
I have NO idea whats causing it, I can only boot single user and execute
static binaries, I cant even rebuild aout tools again from the source
tree, since it dies aswell.

If I did something wrong, I'd LOVE to know about it and hopefully even
get a tip about fixing it.
I dont know what ld-elf is talking about, It gives no specific filename
or error, just this general vague message.

Thanks in advance, Gilad.