Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:40:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        unknown@riverstyx.net
Cc:        rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. FreeBSD: The Storage Wars

[-newbies removed so we can stop cross-posting]

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 unknown@riverstyx.net wrote:

# I've never needed a patch, except for adding driver support (for the
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
... and then you give two examples of when 'never' happened.

# 3c905b ethernet adapter in 2.0.30) and fixing the various TCP/IP stack
# holes that were running rampant in 2.0.30 era kernels.
#
# I personally only use FreeBSD as a hobby machine.  I'd like to use it in

And alot of us use it for quite a bit more, so what it your point
exactly?

# production but I haven't got enough FreeBSD knowledge to do that right
# now.  I still can't find any documentation for changes I should make to
# the configuration/kernel/etc when I want to really push a FreeBSD
# machine...

Please?!  I've seen you post several times now and none of them that I
have seen have asked any specific questions related to tuning a FreeBSD
box.  You want to know what knobs to tweak and can't find the answers
written up anywhere, then ask.