Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 1996 15:55:07 BST
From:      Michael Searle <searle@longacre.demon.co.uk>
To:        ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Size of ports?

I have been thinking about porting the 3D modeller sceda - xaero dumps core
all the time, and isn't really a general purpose modeller anyway. I've
compiled it with one minor modification, but to run with Povray it needs a
patched version of Povray. Although it supports other renderers, Povray is
by far the most commonly used free renderer.

At the moment, the only versions of Povray available from the main Povray
site are limited-life betas of Povray 3. At the sceda site, a patched
version of the Povray 2 source (150K) is available as well as the small
patch needed to get it running with sceda. So, should I put just the patch
in the port, put the patched Povray source in as well, or what? Maybe make
the patched Povray 2 a separate port, on which sceda is dependent, and
upgrade this when Povray 3 release comes out? (mid July)

--
Michael Searle - searle@longacre.demon.co.uk