Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:44:14 -0500
From:      Steve Kaczkowski <steve@inc.net>
To:        Joe Mays <jfmays@launchpad.win.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netapps

Joe Mays wrote:

> I've already asked Netapps about it. They said that they wouldn't support oem
> drives themselves in the event of a drive failure (obviously) but it doesn't
> effect the warranty or support for the rest of the box.

When we first got our NetApp we found out it was a DEC based shelf, so
we were like "OK, we'll just get drives for that shelf", NOPE, it didn't
see them.
I guess the filer only knows about certain disk IDs and if you stick in
disks that are not on that list it won't be able to use them...

Heck, you're already paying A LOT for the system, you bought it cause
you know it's the best thing out there, does it really make sense to
chance it and skimp on the most important part of the system? Nope it
doesn't...

--
Steve Kaczkowski	Time Warner Telecom/inc.Net
steve@inc.net          	(414)908-9012