Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 01:53:51 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   VideoCD?

Hi Guys,

Whats the latest on reading videocd?

	Tnks,
	Amancio

------- Forwarded Message

From: beto@plan9.cs.su.oz.au
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 96 18:02:05 EST
To: hasty@star-gate.com
Subject: help reading VideoCD

Hi Amancio,

I found your name in the Omnimedia web page
as a reference to reading data from VideoCD CDROM.
I've been trying to do that for a while but all I got
is an ill formatted MPEG file which only shows
the top 10-15% of the screen. I need the data for
some experiments I'm doing with a video server as part
of PhD.

I tried with different modes (mode 2 form 2) using an
ATAPI CDROM but all of them seen similar. I actually
have to scan the data until I find a MPEG start sequence and
then pipe the rest to a mpeg2play.

I noticed there is a ISO9600 file system in the
track 1 but the same happens if I read the data in
this way.

1) Is VideoCD compatible with MPEG1?

2) How are you reading the data?

Any comment or help would be appreciated.

beto

------- End of Forwarded Message