Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:55:49 +0100 (CET)
From:      Matjaz Rihtar <matjaz.rihtar@hermes.si>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   burncd dao first track problem

> Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:36:50 -0500 (EST)
> From: Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
> Subject: Re: copying audio cd's
>
>> burncd -f /dev/acd0c -smax -d audio track1.raw track2.raw ...
>> But (at least I found that) it didn't produce a completely correct
>> audio CD; there's something fishy with the TOC, I think.
>
> I had trouble with that usage as well. The resulting CD would not
> *start* playing in my audio CD player, but gave me a flashing "00:00" on
> the front panel. If I fast-forwarded enough to get past the beginning of
> the first track, it was fine.

I'm also having this problem (4.7-RELEASE generic kernel). I've been
looking at TOC dumps from the original CD and a copy and I can't find
the difference, at least not with the utilities available to me.
It seems though as if mandatory pregap (for audio CDs) is not written
to CD and then the first track is considered to be pregap.

Unfortunately, I don't have a SCSI drive and I don't want to mess with
the kernel to get the SCSI CAM support for cdrdao.

Has this already been fixed in the current version of burncd/kernel?
If not, where can one find an easy-to-understand description of TOC,
so that I can try to do something?

--
Matjaz Rihtar  <matjaz@hermes.si>