Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 1997 01:37:18 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   I18N Japanese/English boot.flp for 2.2.1-RELEASE

Today I released the first public version of I18N Japanese/English
boot.flp for 2.2.1-RELEASE.

ftp://jaz.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-jp/I18N-flp/2.2.1-RELEASE/boot.flp
ftp://jaz.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-jp/I18N-flp/2.2.1-RELEASE/bootpao.flp

MD5 (boot.flp) = 6ef7a84de3ba580524a8c01a61ffb98d
MD5 (bootpao.flp) = 917d384e83d7ebd849306610f0c2e211

These boot.flp's have following features.

o Almost all messages and help files are translated into Japanese.

o No English messages and help files are removed.  If you select
  English mode, it performs just as the original boot.flp.

o No special hardware is required to display Japanese text.

o Ready to incorporate other languages (ex. Chinese, Korean, and other
  Asian and European languages), if there are tranlation volunteers :-).
  All messages of sysinstall are added tags, and externalized into the
  "messages.lang" files.  Contact me if you're interested in this
  translation project.

o Select languages from the first menu of sysinstall.

o Only one 2HD floppy! (boot.flp has spare space to incorporate
  another language, but bootpao.flp has no spare space.. sorry)

o /usr/sbin/tzsetup is incorporated into sysinstall, and is localized
  by shareing the multilingual support.

o bootpao.flp have PAO patch (about 550KB) inside the floppy and it
  can compile and install PC-card kernel from sysinstall configuration
  menu.

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
	  WWW homepage: http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa.html