Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:52:51 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   thoteditor-2.1b

Does thoteditor actually do anything, or have I missed the plot?

I installed from the package without trouble, and it runs, and it
lets me pull its menus down, but that's about it. I don't expect
a beta to be problem free, but once something gets to be a package it
usually does more than show menus.

After searching the mail archives, I cannot see evidence that anyone
has ever created a document with it, or even opened an existing file.
My searching skills are not fantastic, though. One suggestion from
-questions was to try renaming a schema file, but that only made it
dump core. Most of them talked about (unresolved?) problems compiling
the port, which I sidestepped by using the package. The few messages in
the thot mailing list archive at http://opera.nrialpes.fr/thot/messages/
are about more advanced tricks than getting it to open a file.

The port seems to have no current maintainer, and has been untouched
for just over a year. Is it dead?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-