Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2010 22:13:16 +0100
From:      Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net>
To:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: auto-mounting ZFS snapshots

--Apple-Mail-5--169816133

On 6 d=E9c. 2010, at 18:20, Freddie Cash wrote:

> FreeBSD automounts the "hidden" .zfs filesystem hierarchy where
> snapshots are "stored" automatically.  No need for amd.

The zfs man page reads:

       File  system snapshots can be accessed under the ".zfs/snapshot" =
direc-
       tory in the root  of  the  file  system.  Snapshots  are  =
automatically
       mounted  on demand and may be unmounted at regular intervals. The =
visi-
       bility of the ".zfs" directory can be controlled by the "snapdir" =
prop-
       erty.

"may be unmounted at regular intervals" <-- what about this? Do I have =
to create a periodic script that'll unmount snapshots? And if so, how =
can I make a script that'll unmount only snapshots mounted for over, =
say, 1 hour?

patpro=

--Apple-Mail-5--169816133--