Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 1997 23:27:16 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@caladan.tdx.co.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   /kernel 'calcru' negative offset?

Hi,

I've posted this in the questions list - but not gotten any replies... I'm
running FreeBSD 2.2.5-Release on a laptop (one that sadly doesn't work
with the PAO laptop support patches / drivers etc.)

When the system boots - the kernel thinks the CPU is only 50Mhz (instead
of 100Mhz) - It's an Intel Pentium 100. This is when running the laptop in
'brain dead' mode, i.e. no power saving, no spinning down of the harddrive
etc. - and no APM idleing the CPU when it thinks it's not busy...

I've fiddled around with the kernel config - in particular the
CLK_CALIBRATION type config options - all to no avail...

Is there a way of forcing the kernel to beleive the CPU is 100Mhz? -
intead of 50Mhz?

Regards,

Kp