Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 1999 10:43:28 -0500
From:      Sean Michael Whipkey <highway@cstone.net>
To:        Benoit Rossier <Benoit.Rossier@mcnet.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on DELL Poweredge 4300?

Benoit Rossier wrote:
> Has anybody experiences with DELL hardware and FreeBSD?
>
> We plan to use Poweredge 4300 servers.

One of the companies I consult for uses nothing but Dell servers.  We've
had no complaints at all so far; the hardware has been very reliable,
the delivery for them was fast, and they took FreeBSD on their blank
hard drives very easily.

We did have to do some weird things to get the dual SCSI hard drives on
the new ones we ordered working correctly, but I wasn't directly
involved with that.

SeanMike

--
Sean Michael Whipkey - highway@cstone.net - www.cstone.net
Engineering Department, Cornerstone Networks, Inc.