Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:32:40 +0000
From:      Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        simon@optinet.com
Subject:   Re: HELP! Cannot read passwd file

OK, I've fixed this problem... appears that somehow /etc/group went
/dev/null in between some password changes and blitzed out the system.
Apparently because of that it corrupted master.passwd which needed a
pwd_mkdb to repair, I pulled a /etc/group from /var/backups and
everything seems fixed... thanks!

--
Chris

|Chris Cook - Network Admin | TCWORKS.NET - http://www.tcworks.net |