Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:42:51 -0500
From:      Drew Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rdist question

I'm working on an rdist setup that will mirror a directory on two
4.0-RELEASE machines. Here's a simple example of the the distfile I'm
using:

HOSTS = ( me@other.host )

FILES = ( /home/me/example/file1 /home/me/example/temp/* )

${FILES} -> ${HOSTS}
install -R ;

According to the man page, using the -R switch will cause rdist to
delete any files that are on other.host that are not on the current host
that rdist is being run from. However, the extra files are not being
deleted. I'm assuming this has something to do with my setup here, and
was hoping someone could point out what it was, or confirm that it is a
bug and I'll simply have to delete the extra files by hand. Thanks for
your help.

--
Drew Sanford