Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:54:08 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mark Burnett <mark_burnett@ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help with kernel

Mark Burnett wrote:

> I have a 486DX2/66 that I've loaded FreeBSD on. I'm trying to configure
> the kernel but it won't let me "make depend" on it. I don't have a CD
> ROM on this machine yet. I've attached a copy of the problem kernel
> file. The message I get is:
> make: don't know how to make depend. Stop

Which steps have you done? I assume you have done something like this,

# cd /sys/i386/conf
# config KERNELNAME
# cd ../../compile/KERNELNAME

and after that, you get the error above? That seems odd, you _are_
running "make depend" from the right directory, aren't you?

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk

send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key