Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:56:29 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Here's Lumiere 0.4 ports..

>On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 22:58, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> > >a) You should never use fully-qualified paths like that.  Instead, use
> > >the ${LOCALBASE} or ${X11BASE} macros.
> >
> > I tried did that last night and recently, it doesn't work very well same
>as
> > what full path does. I am not sure exactly why it doesn't work. I did
> > "${LOCALBASE}/bin/mplayer", it will keep say it's broke when I already
>have
> > mplayer installed. Do I need to put something speical inside the
>exists()?
>
>You need to make sure this check goes after:
>
>.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

Well, it doesn't work, but I don't need this any longer. Will explain in the
bottom..

> > >b) Why don't you add a RUN_DEPENDS on mplayer instead of doing the
> > >BROKEN thing at all?
> >
> > Because, MPlayer has a lot of options to install it. So, I thought it
>would
> > be good idea to force users to go to the ports and install by
>theirselves
> > with extra options. Am I making any sense?
>
>Yeah, but by doing this, you will never be able to build a package of
>Lumiere.  I recommend adding mplayer as a RUN_DEPENDS, and users can
>then decide to build mplayer later with more options.  There are
>examples of this throughout the ports collection (gstreamer-plugins
>being a nice GNOME example).

Ok, the RUN_DEPENDS isn't answer thought, because it required mplayer to be
build on or it will fail by configure as well. I have moved mplayer into
LIB_DEPENDS, so it's good now. Or, should I use BUILD_DEPENDS or
BUILD_TARGET? Well, I don't really see any of difference between
lib/build_depends and target on this thought.

Cheers,
Mezz