Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 18:38:12 +0100
From:      Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   ultimate freebsd server

I didn't really want to come here and trouble you guys with yet another
"check out my spec" message but as I'm now putting together a shopping
list to build some heavy duty Freebsd servers I didn't want to make a
mistake and order 3 of the wrong thing.  We are just about to upgrade
our service in a big way and I won't get a second chance at this.

So instead of a "check out my spec" can I ask you guys for the specs
(i.e. make and models) for what you would build from scratch for a heavy
duty server to run FreeBSD 2.2.2.

Application areas are News feeder & reader servers, Web & FTP servers
and proxy cache servers.

We aren't exactly loaded with cash but performance and reliability
(especially reliability) are going to be much more important than price.

I hope you can help.

Email me privately if you wish (it might avoid a "this ones better than
that one" - flame fest).

regards
damian

--