Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:40:06 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pentium Bug to be ignored -- say it ain't so

On Nov 13,  9:04pm, Sean Eric Fagan wrote:

} Note his declaration that this is "hardly a critical emergency".  And that
} he assumes BSDi has thrown out their solution -- which I haven't heard them
} say at all.  (I don't know why BSDi withdrew their patch; I can think of
} several reasons, actually.  And SCO has not, to the best of my knowledge,
} withdrew *their* patch.)

What SCO patch?  The only SCO patch I've heard of is a PPro and P-II
microcode patch, and those processors don't have the Pentium lockup
problem.