Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:13:44 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        rernst@comtech.com.au
Subject:   Re: SNMP manager and bay routers

On 5 Jun 1999 20:21:29 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:
>I'm wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to use the snmpwalk command
>on Bay routers which are configured for snmp.
>
>We have a FreeBSD snmp manager and I'd like to know if anyone has tried to
>manage Bay routers and been successful - particularly in using the snmpwalk
>command and walking the MIBs.

yes, it does indeed work.  Make sure that you place the Bay MIB in your
MIBS directory, and load it, or load all of them... e.g. for our old
WellFleet router, add WF to the MIBS environment variable, then try a

snmpwalk -v 1 hostname-of-router community-name-for-router
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.wellfleet

	---Mike

Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada