Date:      Sat, 5 Jun 1999 21:49:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Ficnar <fficnar@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        fficnar@netcom.ca
Subject:   Connecting FreeBSD to Palm via PPP

Hi,

I've been able to setup WinNT so that I can RAS into the machine
through the cradle from my PalmIII.  In this way, standard TCP/IP
communication is possible between the two machines (the NT machine is
10.0.0.1 and the PalmIII is 10.0.0.2).

I would like to do the same between my FreeBSD machine and my PalmIII.
I've tried setting it up as a standard dialin PPP (from the handbook)
but it doesn't work.  Its not that the PPP negotiation fails, it
appears not even to successfully log in via getty.

All of the pilot-link programs work fine against the /dev/pilot device,
so I can successfully communicate with the PalmIII.

Has anybody tried this?

Frank

===
Frank G. Ficnar, P.Eng.