Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:50:29 +0000
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Latest RC breaks gdomap

Until today I was running the PRERELEASE version of 4.5, and I
cvsupped to 4.5-RC thisd afternoon (about 1500GMT). gdomap (GNUstep
distributed objecst mapper) no longer works. Attempting to start
it gives the following errors:

SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured
SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured
...(repeated several times)
SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured
SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured
I can't find the loopback interface on this machine.
Perhaps you should correct your machine configuration or use the -a flag.
I am assuming loopback interface on 127.0.0.1
Unable to bind address to UDP socket

any ideas ? I didnt think much had changed significantly in the kernel
in the last few days. I have also tried this on a second machine, which
was updated on Jan 15th, with the same results. Recompiling gdomap does
not help.

-pcf.