Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 14:44:41 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        dima@best.net
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make

Dima Ruban wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> What's up with make on alpha? For some weird reason, it doesn't exactly works
> like it supposed to. Try for example compile /usr/ports/security/ssh
> with USA_RESIDENT setted to YES. make will fail on rsaref library.
> It works okay on i386/current though.

Are you saying that make itself didn't work, or the port doesn't build on
alpha? I'd be surprised if anyone has tried to build that port on
alpha since it was updated for ELF on i386. Take care to keep an up-to-date
bsd.port.mk which is prone to changes as the ports guys try to digest
E-day and P-day (C-day probably didn't affect them).

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137