Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 2010 15:48:03 +0200
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        ed <freebsd@slownet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freescale P4080 support

On 2010-07-05, at 10:49, ed wrote:

> Dear Rafal and all,
>=20
> It's honor to see you.
> I've used linux thru LTIB for FSL powerquicc cpu.
> Actually, I'm interested in using FB w/ powerquicc.
>=20
> Previously, I found you ported FB onto MPC8572.
> I read your paper on this issue.
> Can I reach more informations on this, such as cross build =
instruction?

The build instruction is the following (for 8.x and 9-CURRENT):

<< assuming the FreeBSD source tree is your current working dir >>

1. Cross build E500 PowerPC world
$ make buildworld TARGET_ARCH=3Dpowerpc TARGET_CPUTYPE=3De500

2. Cross build MPC85XX kernel
$ make buildkernel TARGET_ARCH=3Dpowerpc TARGET_CPUTYPE=3De500 =
KERNCONF=3DMPC85XX

There's also some old wiki notes for booting MPC8541, some of the =
material is outdated, but most should still apply =
http://wiki.freebsd.org/Eval8540Boot

We really should have a better documentation and an up to date wiki =
pages for running Book-E...

Rafal