Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:10:34 -0400
From:      Allen Ziegenfus <aziegenfus@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Chroot network install

Hello,

Is it possible to do a chroot install for Freebsd,
instead of using boot floppies/cdrom? I have Red Hat
7.1 on my Alpha, and I'd like to upgrade to something
else. For debian or gentoo linux, for example, you can download
a base system, install it to a partition, chroot to it and then go
through a sequence of steps to install the rest, without having to
shutdown your existing OS. I couldn't find anything on this in the
install manual...

Also can I use aboot to boot FreeBSD?

Thanks,

Allen