Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:56:59 +0200
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>, Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG>, Eric Kozowski <eric@svjava.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with WaveLAN Card

Hi there,

I don't trim the cc-Header to keep you informed.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 03:39:48PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:

> :      Now, there was a different poster (Andreas Braukmann
> : <braukmann@tse-online.de>), who does have a problematic laptop (a Sony
> : Vaio).  Perhaps you're getting the two posters confused?

> The VAIO problem is almost certainly a IRQ conflict problem, but I've
> not had the time to help out on that one.

Although I denied the possibility of an interrupt conflict (problem),
I took the hint and did a little test.
I changed my pccardd from using irq 5 to using irq 15.
And what should I say? - I stand corrected. The lucent card runs
without a hitch now. :)
That's nice. But I really don't know why.
Actually no other device was (is) sitting on the former used IRQ 5
and my other pcmcia network cards (Farallon 10baseT, 3COM 374TX)
are running fine on IRQ 5.

Many thanks for your attention and friendly assistance,
    Andreas

--
: Anti-Spam Petition:     http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/          :
: PGP-Key:                http://www.tse-online.de/~ab/public-key      :