Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:52:01 +0200
From:      "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        tlambert2@mindspring.com, nick-lists@netability.ie, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Subject:   Re: lang/icc doesn't compile c++ sources

--=.Nbx8hGa0bfZoJk

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:34:07 +0200 (CEST) Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:

> >> We should either fix the base system, or ${IA32ROOT}/includes/.
> >
> > i'd really like to, but the headers from the base system are just not
> > standard conformant enough.
> > the headers coming with icc just don't fit our libs; they are specially
> > crafted for use with redhat linux 7.1 :/
> > i already tried to fix these, but our implementation of the multibyte
> > functions won't let this be an easy task (if it ever can be solved):
>
> Do you have test cases where the removal of icc's includes and the use
> of "-X -I/usr/include/g++ -I/usr/include" fails?

yes. just as simple as that:

#include <string>
std::string test;

it also fails after fixing the wchar_t thingy.
the headers from the base system don't use namespaces correctly...

i've tried both 2.95.3 and 3.0.4 headers, look at
<http://www/~corecode/stuff/patch-include.3.0.4.tgz>; and .2.95.3.tgz for
the results; both still don't compile.

to test these, just prepend this one include directory to the search
path and use the appropriate g++ include dir.

cheerz
  simon

ps: i hope we will get this done some time ;]

--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/
\ /

--=.Nbx8hGa0bfZoJk